Tuesday 29 October 2013

Julie's Fantabulous Pomegranate Salad

This salad is one of my all-time favourite salads! It packs a wallop of flavour, the crispness is out of control and it has cheese in it!...what more could a girl ask for?  It's great as a side salad with dinner, it works well as a main for lunch, but my favourite way to eat it is as my afternoon snack at work...keeps my mouth watering all day long!   Jules, I owe you big time for introducing me to this recipe.

Ingredients
  • The seeds from 1 pomegranate (word to the wise, wear a red shirt when de-seeding)
  • 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese
  • 1 head of romaine or green leaf lettuce
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and tear the lettuce up into bite-sized pieces.  Sprinkle the pine nuts, feta and pomegranate seeds on the salad.  Mix the remaining ingredients to form the dressing.  Drizzle over and either toss or eat as is.  Either way your taste buds will thank you!  Serves 4 solid salad servings.

Why hello Mr. Salad...my taste buds are looking forward to meeting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment