Friday 18 October 2013

Helen's Grill

As I'm sure you've guessed by now, I love brunch.  There's something so warm and comforting about breakfast food.  Add to that the treat of going out and enjoying it...it's just the funnest weekend outing! 

A couple weeks ago, my brunching partner in crime and I decided to get out of our regular brunching routine and check out Helen's Grill on Main Street.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  A diner that hasn't updated a thing since the day it opened, employees who are real, thoughtful and friendly, down to earth local patrons, and a reasonably priced menu with classic breakfast meals...I felt like I'd time travelled into a small town where I could relax and enjoy my meal.  It was great.  That being said, I'm not going to lie, if you're looking for a fancy breakfast in a trendy restaurant, this is probably not the place for you.  But if you're looking for a solid breakfast at a decent price, check Helen's Grill out.

My brunching partner in crime's two eggs, over easy, bacon, hashbrowns and toast.  ($7.95)

My two eggs, scrambled, sausage, toast and hashbrowns.  Yummy in my tummy!  Also, word to the wise, you can substitute your hashbrowns for fried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes at no additional charge.  I'm definitely going to take this offer up next time!  ($7.95)

The view from our table.

The X that marks the spot.
 
@helensgrill

No comments:

Post a Comment