Tuesday 24 September 2013

Stagette Food Adventures Part 2 - La Bocca

For my friend's big night out on the town we started things off with dinner at La Bocca and that was definitely a good call.  Funky atmosphere, yummy food with solid portions, delicious drinks and great service.  As for the rest of the night...don't you wish you knew!

Things to note: (1) La Bocca is located in Whistler Village, across from Citta's and in behind the Amsterdam Café.  (2) If you happen to get Pam as your server, you are the luckiest sons of guns ever!  Why?  (a) Pam rocks.  (b) Pam has the best suggestions ever to ensure you have a fun night out in Whistler.

My Ginger Mist: gin, muddled lime and cilantro, topped with ginger beer.  AMAZING!  If you're a fan of ginger beer, you'll definitely be a fan of this yummy concoction.  Light and refreshing but with a good 2 oz kick to it.  ($10)
 
I also tried Phil's Punch but forgot to take a picture of it.  Mandarin vodka, peach schnapps, grenadine, orange, grapefruit, pineapple and cranberry juice.  This drink also made my taste buds do a little happy dance.  The drink was more fruity but not sweet and still just as refreshing, which was nice.  ($10)

My Saffron-seared BC Halibut with oven-dried tomato, artichokes, zucchini and garlic in a Mediterranean orzo toss.  This was very yummy in my tummy!  First of all, I was blown away by the halibut portion...at least 1.5-2 times what I was expecting.  Second of all, the orzo/veggie toss packed a punch of flavour, which I loved.  Thirdly, the orzo/veggie toss was a solid portion, so I definitely filled up.  And last but not least, there was an olive oil/herb ring on the outside of the dish...I love olive oil!  Needless to say, I was happy with my decision.  ($28)

@LaBoccaWhistler

No comments:

Post a Comment