Thursday 5 September 2013

Homemade Pesto

Ladies and gents, I have officially made homemade pesto for the first time!   I know, I know...probably a little behind the times, but better late than never.  I used Jamie Oliver's pesto recipe from Jamie's Italy as a guideline and it was scrumptious!  I've included my version of it below:

Ingredients
  • 1 handful of pine nuts (approximately 1/2 of a cup)
  • Basil leaves off a large basil plant
  • Olive oil
Place your pine nuts on a tray and pop them in the toaster oven (or oven) and broil at approximately 400F for a minute.  The pine nuts should be warm but not toasted.  Place the pine nuts in your food processor and pulse until relatively smooth.  Add the basil leaves and pulse until well mixed and smooth.  Remove to a bowl and add in olive until the pesto is the desired consistency.  Mix with cooked pasta and enjoy!

My first ever batch of pesto!

Dinner!  Spaghetti with pesto sauce, salmon with Mediterranean salsa and grilled peppers. 

@jamieoliver

No comments:

Post a Comment