Tuesday 20 August 2013

Sciué

I recently met up with some of my favourite lunching ladies and we decided to be wild and spontaneous and switch up our eating location!  Where did we end up?  Sciué.  I forgot how enjoyable lunch there is.  You're out of the hustle and bustle of the regular lunch rush, the food is yummy and fresh, and the patio on Melville is lovely.  Definitely a nice way to mix it up.  Now, on to the food!

The selection of fresh paninis and desserts (sold by sandwiches or treat).

Pizza galore!  Sold by weight.

My Taormina Paninoteca: prosciutto crudo, bocconcini, avocado, roma tomatoes, organic greens and pesto on a fresh pane Romano bun.  ($8)  This was a very yummy sandwich and fresh as can be.  But it wasn't quite enough to fill me up for lunch, so I'd recommend getting a salad as well, if you're really hungry. 

My Large Italian Salad: fresh roma tomatoes, cucumber and red onions, tossed in a balsamic vinegar reduction with extra virgin olive oil and served with bread from the bakery.  ($5.75)  Note: the small salad and large salad are the same size.  The difference is that the large salad you get chunks of tomatoes whereas in the small salad you get fewer slices of tomato. 

Twitter: @sciuevancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment