Wednesday 24 July 2013

Via Tevere Pizzeria Napoletana Food Truck!

When I was perusing the Vancouver Street Food App a couple weeks ago and saw Via Tevere Express, I almost lost my marbles.  I quickly did some googling and discovered that the oh so fabulous Via Tevere pizzeria from the Commercial area had most definitely opened up a food truck!  I'm not going to lie, I may have done a little happy dance at my desk.
 
The truck serves Saltimbocca sandwiches which is like a pizza in sandwich form if you ask me.  Imagine bread that tastes like pizza dough, baked in a wood fire oven (yes folks, this food truck most definitely has a built in wood fire oven!) then stuffed with fresh, simple ingredients.  Mouth watering goodness!  I literally was transported back to the sandwich that I had when visiting Pompeii.  Add to that, that the portion was filling and the price was reasonable...I was very impressed.  I'd definitely recommend making your way to this food truck sometime soon!
 
Things to note: (1) The Via Tevere Food Truck is located on the West side of Burrard between Pender and Hastings, Monday through Friday.  (2) I believe it is cash only, but don't quote me on that.

 
My Prosciutto/Arugula Saltimbocca: prosciutto crudo, fior di latte, arugula, tomato, basil mayo.  AMAZING!  ($8.50)

Oh...you're going to make my taste buds oh so happy!!!
 
Where the magic happens.

What exactly is a Saltimbocca?  Now you know.

The menu.

The truck!
 
Twitter: @ViaTeverePizza


3 comments:

  1. After a short wait, they got some of the best food they'd had in days. Food Truck Catering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Truck Catering Wedding It will be imperative the actual any person not any throughout very carefully thread write-up meticulously. now i\'m previously managed to get AND locate This write-up is in fact remarkable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crude sustenance materials now made open by present day protection systems are never again created locally for impending utilization yet made in nations in some cases known for poor nourishment dealing with methods and numerous are the current occasions where criminal action for benefit has polluted our evolved way of life in some shape. rockhouse robards ky

    ReplyDelete