Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Bench Market

If you haven't guessed yet, this week's posts are dedicated to the fabulous city of Penticton.  Not only do they have gorgeous weather, amazing scenery, and taste bud tantalizing wine, but they also have some amazing restaurants!  My favourite discovery so far?  The Bench Market.

Homemade yummy goodness to eat in or take-out, indoor seating, outdoor seating, gluten-free options, sunshine and they cater to the bike community (bike racks galore)...what more could you ask for?  We enjoyed breakfast there on two occasions and I've included the yummy photos from both below.  Definitely a must visit if you're ever in Penticton.  Thanks for the good eats Bench Market!

The Breakfast Plate: 1.5 hardboiled eggs, amazing brie cheese, 2 slices of bacon, homemade cranberry bread and a bowl of fruit.  ($10.95)  The cheese sold me on this meal initially and then it melted me into putty while eating it.  Amazing!
 
 Homemade granola with yogurt and a side of fruit.  (Approximately $9)  This was just what the doctor ordered.  So fresh and flavourful!  I loved that they had mint in the fruit salad.
 
My freshly pressed apple juice!  Being an Okanagan girl, my heart skipped a beat when I noticed this on the menu during our second visit.  Lots of apple goodness in this glass!  ($2.50) 

The outdoor patio.

Our view during breakfast.

Twitter: @TheBenchMarket

No comments:

Post a Comment