Wednesday 31 July 2013

Solly's Bagels

Well folks, I've been running past Solly's Bagels during morning runs and being tortured by the yummy smells for years now, so it's about time that I made it into one!  All thanks to my re-discovered best bud from kindergarten...you know who you are.

For those of you who haven't been to Solly's Bagels, it sells far more than just bagels...they have latkes, they have matzo balls, they have babka...just to name a few.  Solly's is a lovely Jewish bakery and deli, which we decided to check out for lunch on this adventure.  I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!

The view from our table at the 7th and Yukon Solly's.  I was completely surprised by how big the deli was.  Plenty of space and nice and bright to boot!

My kindergarten friend's cottage cheese muffin.  ($2.45)

My kindergarten friend's Chicken Matzo Ball Soup: all natural golden chicken broth served with a matzo ball dumpling. ($4.95)

My Full Meat Deal: hot pastrami on an everything bagel with a small chicken matzo ball soup, potato chips and a pickle spear.  ($11.95)

And the best finishing touch ever...our Babka!!!!  A rich European yeast coffee cake rolled up with dark fudgey chocolate.  Imagine a cinnamon bun but with chocolate instead of cinnamon.  Enough said...just order one!  ($2.95)

The X that marks the spot and the long-lost kindergarten friends...just as silly as we were in kindergarten!  Some things never change.

Twitter: @SollysBagelry

No comments:

Post a Comment