Wednesday 19 June 2013

Britney's Spears

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I absolutely love garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, asparagus and cheese.  So, when I discovered a recipe in the Looneyspoons Collection cookbook that incorporates all five ingredients, I had to try it!  The conclusion?  Very nice.  The flavours added a lot to the asparagus, but didn't take away from the asparagus at all.  A really nice side dish.  I've included my version of the recipe below:

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • feta cheese
  • salt and pepper
Preheat your toaster oven to 450F (or oven, if making in the winter time).  Lay your asparagus flat on a baking dish of your liking (I used the metal one that came with my toaster oven).  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the garlic over top.  Mix with your hands to make sure the asparagus is lightly coated with olive oil and garlic.  Pop in the toaster oven for 8-10 minutes (until cooked).  Remove and place in a serving dish.  Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar then lightly season with a couple dashes of salt and a couple grinds of pepper.  Sprinkle with feta and serve.  If you're serving other veggies, this would probably serve 3-4 people.  If this is the only veggie, you'd probably max out at two people.  I won't lie, I polished off the majority of it myself.

Enjoy!

Britney's Spears

Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment