Thursday 27 June 2013

Brinner

Brinner: the fabulous idea of brunch for dinner...one of my all-time favourite meals!!!

I was recently given a food processor as a gift (best gift ever!!!) and have fallen in love with the shredding function.  What used to take me fifteen minutes, sweat, tears and the fear that my nails were going to get shredded along with the food, now takes a minute...it's brilliant!!  The most exciting part of this fabulous shredding function?  I can now make shredded hashbrowns at home!  A simple pleasure, I know, but shredded hashbrowns have always been one of my favourite parts of brunch and now I don't even have to leave my house to have them.

Ingredients
  • 1 potato per person
  • 1 tbsp olive oil per potato
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Seasoning of your desire
Clean the potatoes and then shred them (skin and all) using your handy dandy food processor.  Scoop them out into a strainer and rinse with cold water until all of the starch is removed and the water runs clear.  Pat the shredded potatoes dry with a hand towel.  Heat the olive oil in a large pan at medium heat.  Once warm, add the shredded potatoes and seasoning.  Cook, stirring regularly, until hashbrowns are to your desired crunchy level (probably about 10 minutes).  You could also add onions and bell peppers for added fun.  Enjoy!

The hashbrowns cooking away.

Brinner!  Home-made shredded hashbrowns, scrambled eggs with dill and feta, and a nectarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment