Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Daily Catch

When I'm trying to decide which food truck to check out for lunch, I generally check the Vancouver Street Food App to see what's open that day.  It's super handy since the trucks move around quite a bit.  The only thing is that it can be torturous at times...showing that those food trucks you've been dying to try are open...they're just not anywhere near you!

So, when I was meeting up with a friend last week and checked to see what our options were, I was ecstatic to find The Daily Catch was downtown!  It quite often resides out in the Commercial area.  As a result, it didn't take much for both of us to be convinced to check this food truck out...and it definitely kept up to its promise of delivering a daily catch.  Cue the photos...

Where the magic happens.

My friend's Tacos: crispy panko-crusted cod, shredded cabbage, tomato salsa, and chipotle aioli, served in a soft corn tortilla.  ($8 + tax)  These looked delicious, and my friend said they were delicious.  However, they'd be better for a light lunch than an "I'm famished" lunch.  My friend said it was enough for her for lunch, but I was famished that day and I probably would have needed at least three, if not four, to fill up.

My 1 piece Cod and Chips: Westcoast ale battered cod, served with truckmade fries, coleslaw, tartar and a quarter of a pickle.  ($7.50 + tax)  If it's fish and chips that you're after, this is definitely a great place to grab it from.  The fish itself was piping hot and perfectly fried, the fries actually tasted like homemade fries (they were awesome), the coleslaw was nice and refreshing with just the right amount of dressing and the pickle was a fabulous touch.  Not to mention it was a good bang for your buck.  I don't think I've ever been able to order fish and chips under $10.  To top it all off, they have five different types of vinegar to choose from...from the classic malt vinegar to jalapeno vinegar.  Definitely added some extra entertainment to my fry consumption.
 
Your options.

My view at lunch.  Not too shabby!
 
Twitter: @The_Daily_Catch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment