Thursday 2 May 2013

Street Meet

About a month ago I met up with my regular lovely lady lunching crew at a food court.  As we all sat down with our different food choices, one caught my eye: an amazing seared tuna salad.  Turns out one of my friends had been sneaky and picked hers up at Street Meet (a food truck) on her way to the food court. 

So, when I was lunching with two other lovely ladies, I couldn't resist doing the same thing!  The conclusion?  Very yummy!  Further details included below.


The trucks, the chefs and the pipes...they're so big they deserve their own mention.
 

The menu.  Note: they take VISA and tax is included in the prices.

Seared Tuna Salad: Tarragon crusted albacore tuna, mixed greens, honey dijon vinaigrette,
kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, egg, new potatoes and pickled green beans.  ($12)  I enjoyed every factor of this salad but was particularly impressed with the tuna portion, the inclusion of kalamata olives, and how yummy the pickled green beans were.  The portion itself was good.  If you have a normal appetite, it would be perfect for lunch.  If you have a ridiculous appetite like mine and had a hard workout in the morning, you may want to see if you can get an extra potato added.

Homemade Veggie Burger: organic quinoa and chickpea patty, portabello mushroom chutney, basil truffle aioli, lettuce, tomato and red onion.  Served with BBQ chips.  ($10)  Word on the street is the burger was very yummy.  I was lucky enough to try a couple of chips and I do believe they may actually be home-made BBQ chips.  The only thing that the lovely lady who enjoyed this meal said, was that she would have enjoyed it more with a bit less salt.  I have to admit, the chips were salty, but I didn't think anymore than the average chip.
 
Twitter: @StreetMeetTruck

No comments:

Post a Comment