Monday 13 May 2013

Put da lime in da coconut...

A couple weeks ago, a fellow in my office saw me getting my Holy Crap cereal ready in the kitchen, to which he said "What is that crap?"  So, I answered, "Actually, it's holy crap."  He didn't seem very enthused about the idea of trying some himself, but a couple of days later he made a point of telling me that I'm supposed to eat chia seeds with lime juice.  He wouldn't tell me how he knew this, but he insisted on it.
 
So, as I'm sure you guessed, curiosity killed the cat and I turned to Google.  Turns out that Chia Fresca (a mixture of chia seeds, water, lime juice and sweetener) has been a popular natural energy drink in Mexico and South America for quite some time. 
 
So, I figured I'd do some experimenting and try it with my holy crap cereal.  I mixed 4 tbsp homemade holy crap, the juice of half a lime, and about a cup of water. I shook it up good and let it hang out overnight in the fridge.  When I ate it as part of my morning snack the next day, I thoroughly enjoyed it!  It was light, refreshing, and very tasty.  So, if you're looking to mix up your holy crap consumption, I definitely recommend trying this out.
 
For those of you who are wondering how to make holy crap, you can find the recipe here: http://myloveoffood-shayne.blogspot.ca/2013/02/homemade-holy-crap-cereal-feed-life.html .  For your viewing pleasure, I've also included some interesting facts about the ingredients in holy crap below:
 
  1. Chia seeds, hemp seeds and goji berries are all on the Feed Life Starve Cancer top ten cancer fighting foods.
  2. Hemp seeds are a complete protein, a great source of omega 3's, have lots of fiber and act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
  3. Chia seeds act as a natural detox since they pull toxins away from the intestinal lining.  They are also a good source of omega 3's and protein, and act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
  4. Goji berries are high in iron and vitamin C.
  5. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc which helps decrease healing time. 

 
Feed Life Starve Cancer: http://feedlifestarvecancer.com/wp2/

No comments:

Post a Comment