Tuesday 28 May 2013

Perfectly Poured Pints - Tap & Barrel (1 of 22)

After our fabulous time at the Granville Island Brewery, we weren't ready for the fun to end, so my sister, her boyfriend and I continued our walk along the seawall and made our way to Tap & Barrel.  I know, I know, I've already done a post on Tap & Barrel...however, this is different.  This is the first instalment of Perfectly Poured Pints!

What is Perfectly Poured Pints, you ask?  My summer challenge!  I recently discovered a map (included below for your viewing pleasure) of 22 different establishments in Vancouver that are leading the way in the Perfectly Poured Pints department.  Some I've been to before, some I haven't...but I figured it would be a lot of fun to try and check all of them out this summer...so, challenge accepted!  That, and the fact that I had such a fabulous afternoon with my sister and her boyfriend that I couldn't not include it on my blog. 

On to the fun!

Starter caesars and yam fries...yum!  (Caesars - $unsure...but it was reasonable, yam fries - $5)
 
And the sampling continues!  I opted for the R&B Brewing Company Sun God Wheat Ale (very yummy!), the Whistler Grapefruit Ale (one of my all-time favourites!) and the Parallel 49 Watermelon Wit (unreal!).  The great thing about having so many beer on tap, you literally have over 20 beer and ciders to choose from for your sampler.  It was awesome!  (approximately $8) 
 
 The weather was still a little bit iffy and chilly when we got to Tap & Barrel, so we sat in their enclosed downstairs patio so we could feel like we were on a patio but still be warm.  We got lucky, though, and the sun broke out while we were there, so they simply rolled up the "walls" and we were on an open air patio.  It was awesome!  My sister and her boyfriend, with the gorgeous view of False Creek and BC Place in the background.

After a couple of hours, we felt like it was time to move on to a different patio, but we were having so much fun that we decided that a move to the upstairs patio was move enough!  Deschutes Brewery Mirror Pond Pale Ale...one of the best beer every brewed.  If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favour and order it next time.  ($6.75)

Sisters being sisters!  Word to the wise, if you ask nicely, you can get any beer poured into the absolutely spectacular beer mugs...so much more fun to drink out of!  Parallel 49 Watermelon Wit and Orchard Hill Estate Red Roof Cider ($7.50 each).
 
The holy grail of perfectly poured points.  #17 officially checked off!  Only 21 more to go.

http://www.tapandbarrel.com/
Twitter: @tapandbarrel

No comments:

Post a Comment