Wednesday 8 May 2013

PazzaRella

For those of you looking for a new food truck to try out this week, I highly recommend PazzaRella.  And by highly recommend, I mean get your butt down there! 

If you didn't guess based on the name, PazzaRella makes wood-fired, thin crust, 10" personal pizzas that leave you wanting more even when your belly is full.  Fresh simple ingredients, a couple of ladies who know their way around making a pizza, and a custom truck complete with a mini-wood fire stove are the perfect recipe for a pizza that rivals the pizza I had in Naples.  My long-legged, fellow food lover who joined me on this adventure said that he thought the pizza was just as good, if not better than, Nicli's but for half the price.  I haven't had the pleasure of going to Nicli's yet, but my food adventure buddy knows his stuff when it comes to food, so I definitely take his word for it!

Things to note: (1) Cash only, (2) Pazzarella is located at Victory Square near Pender and Hamilton, (3) There are plenty of benches to sit on and the park is pretty and relaxing during the day time, and (4) It's a good bang for your buck.  The portion is solid.  If you're famished it might not be quite enough, but if you have a normal appetite and are just a normal hungry, it should be perfect.

Enjoy!

Where the magic happens.

The menu.

The wood fire oven!  I was blown away by the fact that they had this right in the truck.  Unreal!

Our pizzas getting some personal attention.

My long-legged friend's Diavolo: tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, hot italian salami, organic basil, extra virgin olive and sliced garlic.  ($9)  My long-legged friend thoroughly enjoyed this pizza and, since we tradesied a piece for a piece, I can vouch that it was amazing!

My prosciutto: tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, organic baby arugula, extra virgin olive oil.  ($9)  Did I mention that they literally drizzled the olive oil on top of the pizza at the very end?  Heaven on earth!  I can't bring myself to pick a favourite, so you'll just have to go with a friend and partake in tradesies yourself.

View during lunch.  Not too shabby!

Twitter: @PazzaRellaPizza

No comments:

Post a Comment