Thursday 16 May 2013

Butter from another mother...

A couple of weeks ago, a fabulous friend of mine messaged me and said that she'd made too much almond butter and was wondering if I wanted some.  Now, I had heard of this new fangled business called almond butter but had never tried it.  However, I'm definitely not one to turn down home-made food offerings!

Let me tell you, it's very yummy!!  She warned me that it's a bit of an acquired taste, but I liked it right off the get go.  It's definitely very different than peanut butter...imagine almond flavour in a peanut butter consistency...and I don't think I will ever fully give up my peanut butter, but I'm definitely more open to having almond butter on hand since it's much more healthy than peanut butter.

The best part is that my fabulous friend agreed to part with her super easy recipe!  She actually found it on the Detoxinista's blog (link included below).

Ingredients
  • Almonds
Roast the almonds at 350F for 15 minutes.  Place the roasted almonds in your food processor (not a blender).  Blend for about 15 minutes.  Depending on the type of food processor, you're likely to have to stop the blending and scrape every once in a while to ensure there aren't any chunks.  Keeps in the fridge well.

Enjoy!

Such a lovely snack!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment