Wednesday 24 April 2013

Second time's a charm...

It was my fabulous vegan friend's 30th birthday recently, so guess where I had the pleasure of eating?  Nuba!!!  However, this time it was at their Kits location for dinner.  I didn't think it could get any better than the lunch I had at Gastown...but it did!

The food selection was completely different but every ounce as delicious, and the restaurant was amazing.  It had a fabulous mediterranean feel to it.  White walls, bright blue tiles, different rooms and levels...I loved it!  Definitely the sort of place that would be great to book for a group.  Speaking of which...they do take reservations and I'd recommend making one.

So, in summary, Nuba is officially batting 100% in the scrumptious stats.

Najib's Special: crispy cauliflower tossed with lemon and sea salt, served with tahini. ($7.50)  Who can resist this yummy goodness?  I can whole heartedly vouch that this dish is a must order.

Mjadra: organic green lentils and rice with onions and jalapeño, served with avocado and caramelized onions.  ($7.50)  These lentil were really nice.  They had a good kick to them, but only enough spice to add flavour.  They were lovely...and so was the tahini sauce drizzled all over top.

Stuffed Eggplant: roasted eggplant stuffed with chickpeas, red pepper, zucchini, red onion, and tomato. Served with labneh yogurt sauce and zaatar.  ($17)  AMAZING!!  This dish blew my mind.  If you're a fellow eggplant lover, this is a must.  Note: if you're vegan, make sure to order the yogurt sauce on the side.
 
The three dishes above were just about right for two people.
 

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Rent a Food Truck USA

    ReplyDelete