Wednesday 6 March 2013

218 Flavours...

This past weekend, after years of pining, I finally ate some delicious gelato from La Casa Gelato on Venables Street!  I had been dying to go here for years and for some reason had never been able to make it.  So, needless to say, I was a little bit excited.  The good news is that La Casa did not disappoint.  So, the next time you're looking for a gelato fix, make sure this scrumptious little gem is high up on your to go to list.

Things to note: (1) there is absolutely no where to sit in the gelato shop itself.  So, if you're going in the winter, make sure you're bundled up and ready to eat outside or in your car.  There are benches outside, which would be lovely for the summer.  (2) La Casa is open 11am - 11pm, 7 days a week.  So, they're always there to satisfy your gelato craving!  (3) They have 508+ flavours of gelato, with 218 flavours carried in the store at all times.  They have everything from the classic strawberry to black sesame and more.  Half the fun is just reading the names!

It absolutely made my day when they gave me an actual poker chip to hand over as proof of purchase when I picked out my flavours.  So much better than just a receipt!

Did you expect anything other than a double?  With 218 flavours I had to try at least 0.92% of them!

My gelato eating partner in crime's Mango Gelato with Raspberry Swirl and Raspberry Sorbetto.  ($7)

My Strawberry Fudge and Mint Fudge Brownie gelatos...heavenly!!!  ($7)

1 comment:


  1. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing.The article you do produce on a weekly base
    really the best. I have found a similar website gelato flavours visit the site to know more about Pure Gelato.

    ReplyDelete