Tuesday 26 February 2013

Nothing beats a home-cooked meal...

This past weekend I was spoiled rotten by a friend and her husband who invited me over for dinner.  Not only did I get to play with their absolutely adorable baby girl before dinner, but my friend cooked up a feast, we watched the Canucks game afterwards and I got to wear Lululemons and chill out on their couch through all of it!  It truly was a treat.  Now, on to the food!

Baked brie with sundried tomatoes and Wisecrackers to start.  Anytime cheese is involved I am definitely a happy camper, but I really liked the addition of the sundried tomatoes and the crackers rocked!

Kale salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and an olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar dressing.  So refreshing and flavourful!  She massaged the kale with olive oil and sea salt to get it to a lettuce consistency.

Now that's what I call a piece of salmon!  Marinated in "Mike's" marinade.  I can't remember what was in it, but it was full of garlic, soya sauce and brown sugar yumminess I do believe.  It added to the flavour of the salmon without overpowering it and kept the salmon nice and moist.  All in all, a scrumptious dinner! 
 
Thanks again friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment