Monday 18 February 2013

Leafy Cleanser - Feed Life Starve Cancer

I've been popping a handful of spinach or kale into my regular smoothies for quite some time now, so I figured it was time to take the plunge and make a green drink in the morning.  I picked the Leafy Cleanser recipe from the Feed Life Starve Cancer workshop I went to recently.  They'd made this cleanser during the work shop and I'd really enjoyed it.  However, they had warned us to build up to incorporating green drinks slowly, as it might be a bit of a shock to your taste buds at first.

I'm not going to lie, I think I may have taken the plunge a bit too early and will most likely end up reverting to my kale and raspberry smoothie for a bit longer.  It has nothing to do with this recipe in particular.  I just think it was too much, too fast.  For those of you who enjoy a green drink in the mornings, I think you would really enjoy this recipe.

Leafy Cleanser
  • 1/2 cup leafy greens (I used spinach)
  • 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro (I used parsley)
  • 1/4 box broccoli sprouts
  • 1 thin slice lemon
  • 1/2 pear
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 1/2 stalk of celery
  • 1/2 date
  • 1 cup water
Place all ingredients into blender and blend well.  Makes 1 serving.

 Ready for blending!

My first official, homemade green drink.
 

1 comment: