Saturday 23 February 2013

Bandidas Taquiera

So, I'm not going to lie.  I debated whether to include my trip to Bandidas Taquiera on my food blog or not.  If you haven't noticed, my posts are honest but not harsh.  This is because I only post about places I thoroughly enjoyed, would go back to myself and would take friends to.  If I wouldn't go back, I simply don't post about it and feel that that is punishment enough.  Who knows, my bad experience could be a one in a million experience and peoples' livelihoods depend on these restaurants.
 
Which brings me to Bandidas Taquiera.  The food was sublime, the portions out of control, the atmosphere unreal, and the prices very reasonable.  So, it was a fabulous experience except the fact that they veganized the wrong order.  I was really looking forward to the meal I ordered, so I was disappointed.  However, I chose not to say anything and eat it anyways.  It was still a yummy meal, I have no doubt that they would have re-made my order without a problem if I had said something at the time, and they were apologetic when we explained what had happened when it came time to pay.
 
So, Coles Notes version of what I'm trying to say is that I think this restaurant is fabulous.  I did not have the greatest experience my first time, but that was as much my fault as anyone's and I don't feel they deserve the punishment of not getting a post.  I would go back in a heart beat, plan on doing so soon and I hope you consider doing the same.
 
Buck Enchiladas: three handmade corn tortillas filled with steamed spinach & pinto beans, covered with salsa verde sauce and cheese.  Served with rice and beans.  ($11.25)  
 
Dani's Enchiladas: three handmade corn tortillas stuffed with melted cheese, kale and roasted butternut squash, covered with enchilada sauce and daiya cheese.  Served with salad.  ($11.25, plus $1.50 for kale, plus $1.50 for daiya cheese)   
 
I don't know what it is, but I love it when a restaurant serves you water and beverages in mason jars.  On the left, my water.  On the right, my hibiscus lemonade...out of this world yumminess!  ($3)

The view from our table.  Such a great atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment