Saturday 5 January 2013

Takeya Sushi

I recently enjoyed a yummy lunch with a lovely friend at Takeya Sushi in Richmond.  It's on No. 1 Road right beside the Safeway.  If you're ever in the area and have a craving for sushi, you can't go wrong with this little hole in the wall.  I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Sushi isn't sushi without miso soup!  $1.75/bowl.

Tuna and Sockeye Salmon Sashimi.  $8.95.

Spicy Agedashi Tofu.  Deep fried tofu with spicy sauce.  $4.95.  I hadn't had spicy agedashi tofu before, but I most definitely will again.  It was yummy!

Mango California Roll ($4.45) and Rocky Mountain Roll ($5.95).  The mango california roll was a regular california roll with mango added in.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like the sweetness of the mango in the roll, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The Rocky Mountain Roll had beef teriyaki, asparagus, red pepper and a green soy wrapper.  This roll was also good, but I preferred the mango california roll.

I'm not going to lie.  I was full by the time I finished my lunch, but I have such a weakness for green tea ice cream and you can only get it when you go for sushi.  Needless to say, I gave in to my craving.  It was a very good call.  The green tea ice cream was scrumpdidliumptious!

The sign to look for when you're on the hunt for Takeya Sushi.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment