Wednesday 16 January 2013

Popcorn...

When I was growing up, we had family movie night at least a couple of times per month, if not every week, and my sister and I loved it!  We got to go to the movie store and help pick out the video, then we'd pull out a blanket for each person to keep warm under, and last but not least we'd sit over the popcorn maker watching the corn kernels fly round and round until they exploded into white yumminess and cascaded over into the bowl.  It was awesome!

Needless to say, microwave popcorn has never been the same experience-wise, or taste-wise.  To be honest, I thought air poppers didn't exist anymore, so when I went over to my sister's place in the spring and discovered that she'd got my Mom and Dad's old air popper, I was happy that she was using it, but it made me wish that I could have air popped popcorn as well.  Being the spectacular sister that she is, she obviously saw this written all over my face, and guess what I got for my birthday this year?!  She definitely won the sister of the year award for that one! 

So, when I was making popcorn and melting the butter to pour on top of it the other night, I just couldn't resist taking a photo and sharing the fact that air poppers most definitely do still exist.  And, trust me, watching corn kernels fly around until they explode into white yumminess is as much fun now as it was when you were five.

No comments:

Post a Comment