Friday 11 January 2013

Monster Sandwich

I hate to brag, but I have been known to make a mean sandwich or two.  It all started with my summer job at Cooper's Deli during high school and university.  I learned a lot of skills in that deli.  How to get the chickens to dance while you were seasoning them pre-oven, how to write deli meat names in hieroglyphics (chicken breast was by far the easiest), but the skill that has stayed with me the longest is how to make one heck of a sandwich that kicks some serious bum.  Ever since then, if I ever whip up a sandwich, I know I'll also be making one for everyone else in the house.  Greatest compliment you can ever get!

This was one of my most recent creations.  Cheese bun, French's mustard on top and bottom, garlic roast beef (if you're going to get roast beef, do yourself a favour and get the garlic roast beef...so much better), lettuce, tomato, avocado, dill pickle slices, a slice of herb and spice havarti cheese and a bit of pepper...voila!!  And, if I do say so myself, it was pretty darn tasty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment