Wednesday 30 January 2013

Feed Life Starve Cancer

A couple months ago I bought a Groupon for a 3 hour food seminar at Feed Life Starve Cancer.  The thing that caught my eye about this seminar (besides the fact that it was regularly $125 and was on sale for $35) was that the emphasis of the class was on what to eat in order to prevent cancer.  As you all know, I love food, so I figured if I could learn how to help protect my body while enjoying food, it would be an added bonus!
 
The seminar itself was very informative and the food they served was delicious.  The emphasis was on a plant-based diet but the two presenters, Eden (a Nutritionist) and Colin (a Health Coach), were 100% understanding of the fact that there were people in the room would still want to incorporate dairy and/or meat in their diet.  I'm not going to lie, I'm never going to give up meat or dairy because I like them just too darn much, but I most definitely plan on incorporating a good chunk of the recipes that they made into my repertoire.  So, stay tuned for future yummy details!
 
The Dozen Foods to Help Starve Cancer
  1. Chia
  2. Hemp
  3. Broccoli sprouts
  4. Goji berries
  5. Garlic
  6. Ginger
  7. Fresh herbs
  8. Mushrooms
  9. Berries
  10. Cacao
  11. Leafy and seaweed greens
  12. Turmeric 
 
Kreamy Komfort Kale served over zucchini pasta.  Unreal!!! 
 
Kale Waldorf Salad...out of this world!
 
Nice Cream
 
Anti-Inflammatory Chai Tea
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Shayne for the great review of our class! Hopefully see you out at another class or workshop!

    ReplyDelete