Monday 3 December 2012

Salam Bombay

This past week I went out for a great lunch with two lovely ex-colleagues.  I always look forward to lunch with these two ladies because the hour is constantly full of laughter and fun.  This time we decided to go to Salam Bombay for Indian.  I was so hungry that my tummy felt like it was going to eat itself, so I opted for the buffet while my lovely lady friends ordered off of the menu.  The pictures explain the rest.
 
My first plate of the very tasty buffet ($15).  Clockwise from the broccoli: mixed vegetables, tandoori chicken, mixed salad, bean salad, butter chicken, beef curry, and some sort of veggie that I thought was okra but most definitely was not.  I was impressed with the buffet.  There was a good variety, everything was fresh, and everything was tasty.  My favourites were the butter chicken (oh I have such a weakness for you my lovely butter chicken) and the bean salad.  The bean salad packed a powerful flavour explosion of cilantro, spice and onion that I was not expecting and was a lovely surprise.  Overall, a great lunch.

About to dig in!
 
Vegetable Pakora: vegetables seasoned, chic pea batter, fried ($10.50).  I was lucky enough to steal one of these, and boy were they good!
 
My chai in the oh-so-cute tea cup.  I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed with this chai.  The tea flavour over-powered all of the other flavours in the chai.  It was decent, but I wouldn't order it again.

The ladies' Chicken Biriyani: chicken cooked with aromatic  basmati rice and spices ($14.95).  I managed to steal a spoonful of this lovely dish as well.  It was very yummy...to the point that it almost convinced me I should order off the menu next time.

The ladies' coconut curry prawns ($13.95).  In my opinion you can never go wrong with coconut curry, and this dish most definitely proved me right.  It was delicious! 

Dessert!  Butter chicken and fruit.  Greatest dessert ever!
 
Thanks for the lovely lunch ladies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment