Thursday 20 December 2012

Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company

My youngest cousin just finished her first semester at university this fall, so I was super excited when she messaged me to let me know that she was going to be back in town and was wondering if we could get together for dinner before the holidays.  We ended up having a delicious meal at Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company before her and her Mom headed off to see the Chor Leoni.

As always, our meals at Rocky Mountain were delicious.  I never fail to be re-amazed at how fresh and scrumptious the ingredients they use are.  It probably has something to do with the fact that they mainly use local and organic produce, free-range organic meats, Ocean Wise seafood, and make all of their sauces and dressings from scratch at the restaurant...but, whatever it's due to, it's a real treat.  Plus, the atmosphere is so comfortable, warm and relaxing.  You never feel like they're trying to rush you out and my favourite part is the fact that their pizza oven is visible to a good majority of the tables in the restaurant so you can watch them pop the pizzas in and out.  I also thoroughly enjoy how family friendly the restaurant is.  It adds a whole other layer of warmth to the atmosphere when kids are enjoying their meals at the tables next to you.

Thanks for the great visit ladies!  Hopefully we'll have a chance to visit again soon.

The remnants of the large Fig and Goat's cheese salad that we split to start: assorted greens, crunchy cucumbers, ripe tomatoes, shaved red onions, mixed with goat's cheese in a creamy black mission fig dressing ($13.50).  What can I say, my appetite overpowerd my desire for pretty photos..hence the half eaten photo.  This salad was nice and fresh and I was very impressed with the healthy portion of goat's cheese.

 
My cousin and Aunt showing off their flatbread pizzas.  My cousin had a small of the flatbread special.  I forgot to write down what was on it but I know there was eggplant and garlicky goodness.  I was able to trade a piece for a piece, and her flatbread was my favourite of the night. ($10.95).  My Aunt ordered a small Basil Bocconcini flatbread: organic tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, sliced roma tomatoes, natural brown mushrooms, freshly cut bocconcini cheese, and finished with roughly chopped basil leaves.  A delicious classic!  ($9.95)

 My regular parma: organic tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Schinken speck (cured ham), brown mushrooms and mango, topped with roughly chopped arugula and parmesan cheese. ($14.50)  Essentially a more refined and less greasy version of the classic Hawaiian pizza.  This was delicious and I licked my plate clean.  However, I was a little disappointed that they forgot the arugula as that was part of the reason that I ordered it.


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment