Sunday 30 December 2012

Crab Feast Central

My Aunt and Uncle were in town for the holidays and, as usual, they spoiled us rotten!!!  They live near crabbing central, so they brought up dungeness crab for a complete and utter feast.  It was such a treat, absolutely delicious and so much fun.  Plus, I broke my own record this year and managed to fling crab at my Grandma not only once, but twice.  I warned her that she was taking her life in her own hands when she sat next to me.
 
Our soon to be dinner!  They bought them cleaned and cooked this time, since they were going to be transporting them, but did you know that the best way to cook crab is in sea water?  Any time that we've visited and gone crabbing, they keep some of the sea water and cook the crab in it because it helps maintain the flavour of the crab.  Plus, you're supposed to add them to the pot live.

The delicious green salad that my sister brought and made.  Green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, orange and red peppers, avocado and kiwi.  I thought the kiwi was a bit odd when I looked at the salad, but when I tasted it, I loved it.  It added a really nice sweetness to the salad.

The Greek salad that my sister brought and made.  Cucumbers, red, green, orange and yellow peppers and feta.  Delicious!

Now that's what I call a basket of bread.

The homemade garlic butter anticipating some mouth-watering crab being dipped into it.

My meal...oh so yummy!  I wish I could have a repeat tomorrow.  Thanks for the treat Aunt and Uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment