Monday 5 November 2012

Troll's

This past weekend I headed off for a weekend of relaxation at Rockwater Secret Cove with a very good friend of mine, and one of the loveliest people I know, Marie.  Since we were catching the 9:20 ferry from Horseshoe Bay, our first matter of business was breakfast!

I had done a bit of research and discovered that Troll's is supposed to be the best brunch in Horseshoe Bay.  Plus, it had awesome hours and was going to fit right into our early morning eating adventure.

Our overall conclusion?  The food was good.  Standard brunch food, at standard brunch prices.  The service was decent until our waiter ignored us for a solid ten to fifteen minutes when we were trying to get our bill.  In fairness, he had a massive table that he was trying to sort out bills for, but he could have dealt with it in a better way than just ignoring eye contact.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I wouldn't drive all the way out to Horseshoe Bay just to have brunch at Troll's, but if you happen to be in the neighbourhood and are after brunch, I'd check it out.  Definitely a heck of a lot better than breakfast food on the ferry, for about the same price.

You can find Troll's across the street from Starbucks in Horseshoe Bay.

Peppermint tea...no better way to wake up.

My view during breakfast.

Marie's BELT sandwich: bacon, two fried eggs, lettuce, tomato and
mayonnaise on your choice of toast ($10.50).
 
 

My Spinach 'n Feta omelette: Fresh chopped spinach, crumbled feta and diced tomato ($11)I was very impressed with how non-greasy the omelette was, and how fresh the massive amount of veggies were.  They also make some mean hashbrowns.  Some of the best I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment