Tuesday 6 November 2012

Rockwater Secret Cove - Dinner

So, I know this is a food blog and I should only be talking about the food, but I need to detour for a moment and say just how amazing Rockwater Secret Cove is!  It is the most relaxed and calm I have felt in years.  I was out of town for 30 hours, and felt like I had been on vacation for a week.  Starting our stay off with a relaxation massage in a toasty warm tent while listening to the rain fall on the roof may have helped a little.  Regardless, gentlemen looking for a few brownie points out there, look no further.  And if you're in the market for some chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream points, book one of the tenthouse suites.

Now, on to the food!  Seeing as though the only place within walking distance for food is the restaurant at Rockwater Secret Cove, I was very happy that the food was so delicious.  I found the restaurant unique in the sense that it was set up as formal dining, but the atmosphere still felt comfortable, inviting and relaxing.  The food itself was delicious!  I'm pretty sure I licked my plate clean for each and every course.

Needless to say, I highly recommend checking out this fabulous resort at some point in time.

The antipasto platter: North Vancouver German prosciutto, Quebec artisan cheeses, mixed olives and crostinis ($14).  Not the best antipasto platter I've ever had (the prosciutto tasted more like ham than prosciutto to me and the crostinis were a bit oily), but the cheeses were very yummy, I was very impressed with the quantity of cheese, the dried apricots and cranberries were a nice touch, and the olives were great!  I may have polished off each and every one myself. 

My dinner, the Proscuitto Wrapped Local Steelhead Salmon: with an olive and anchovy vinaigrette, seasoned gnocchi and fresh vegetables ($27).  This was heaven on a plate!  The sauce had capers in it as well, which I was very excited to see, and the fish was cooked perfectly.  The gnocchi wasn't what I was expecting because it was pan-fried, but I quite enjoyed it, nonetheless.  And the veggies were awesome.  Fresh, a good portion and a great variety: carrot, broccolini, asparagus, tomatoes, beet and cauliflower.  Two thumbs up!

Marie opted for the Fresh Farmed Trout: stuffed with crab meat and baked, served with lobster butter, Yukon gold mashed and fresh vegetables ($26).  Her plate was as clean as mine, and she said it was delicious.

We had had quite the workout during our massages so we felt it was only fair to treat our bellies to dessert.  And what a treat it was!  I had the Sticky Caramel Apple Pudding with vanilla ice cream ($9).  It was out of this world!  Imagine a moist piece of apple cake with ice cream on top, drizzled with caramel.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Marie had the Rockwater Creme Brulee and loved it ($9)!  We were both also impressed with the amount of fruit we got with dessert.  It was a nice surprise.
 
My view during dinner.  So pretty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment