Thursday 8 November 2012

Rockwater Secret Cove - Breakfast

The package that we booked at Rockwater Secret Cove included breakfast, so we headed back to their fancy schmancy restaurant for a bite to eat before we checked out.  By the time we were done, our lips were smiling, our taste buds were doing a happy dancy and our bellies were saying thank you.  I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!

Crab Cakes Egg Benedicts: Red rock crab cakes, house made hollandaise, fresh made hash browns ($16).  I have always wanted to try crab cakes egg benny, so I decided today was the day!  It was yummy in my tummy.  Definitely not like traditional eggs benny...you focus more on the flavours of the crab cakes than on the hollandaise sauce, but I definitely wasn't complaining.  The hashbrowns were also delicious.  I have to admit I have a soft spot for shredded hashbrowns.  And I was impressed again with the quantity of fruit.

Marie opted for the Corn Beef Hash: onion, peppers, corn beef with hash browns, 2 eggs any style, served with toast on the side ($14).  She said it was really good, and the corned beef was real corned beef.  I can vouch for the fact that it smelled and looked delicious!

My view during breakfast.  Not too shabby!
 
http://rockwatersecretcoveresort.com/site/dining.html

No comments:

Post a Comment