Friday 30 November 2012

Mom's Chili

I'm not going to lie.  When it's a cold, rainy night, I crave comfort food.  And nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of chili like my Mom used to make.  Here is the recipe:

My Mom's Chili
Ingredients
  • 450g of extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey...although I think the ground beef tastes better)
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 can of brown beans in tomato sauce
  • 1 can of tomato soup or tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 2 tbsp ketchup
Brown the ground beef with the onion until thoroughly cooked.  Add the chili powder then stir.  Add the brown beans and tomato soup then stir.  Add the sugar, vinegar and ketchup then stir.  Let simmer on low heat for at least 15 minutes.  Makes about five servings and freezes well.

Enjoy!

One heck of a pot of chili!

Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment