Thursday 15 November 2012

Christmas Baking - Round 1

I know, I know.  You're probably thinking, "Christmas already?  It's too soon!"  Have no fear.  I love Christmas potentially more than I love food, but I whole-heartedly agree that it's too early to hang up the stockings!  That being said, I love eating Christmas baking on December 1st as I'm decorating my place, which means I have to do my baking before then!
 
I normally tackle my Nuts and Bolts and Butter Tarts in mid-November.  Why?  In all honesty, probably because my Mom always did and her baking was always scrumptious!  She always swore you should make your Nuts and Bolts 2-3 weeks ahead of time and store it in a plastic bag (old bread bag, ziploc, etc.) so all the flavours mix and mingle.  From experience, I vouch that they most definitely do taste better after a couple of weeks of melding than right out of the oven.
 
As for the butter tarts, I make them ahead of time because they freeze well.  I know you were hoping for some magical reason for that one but, alas, that's the truth!

Now that's one heck of a batch of nuts and bolts!
 
 The butter tarts yummy filling, boiling away.
 

Pre-oven. 

 Post-oven!  I may have had to taste test one because it accidentally fell (oops!).  Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
 
Some yummy sounding party mix recipes:
Some scrumptious sounding butter tart recipes:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment