Friday 26 October 2012

The Kaboom Box 2

Ladies and gents, today marks the return of my food truck adventures!  I figured if the food trucks were willing to sit out in the rain, it was time for me and my sturdy umbrella to brave the weather as well.

I'd been wanting to try the Kaboom Box for a while and it didn't disappoint.  I went to their second location on Georgia between Burrard and Thurlow and ordered the Crab Cake Po' Boy with a side salad.  The sandwich consisted of a crab cake made of Canadian rock crab, deep fried and served with organic greens and house-made lemon-garlic aoili on a bun.  It was extremely fresh, tasty and didn't taste like it had been deep fried.  I'd highly recommend it.  I was also impressed with the side salad.  It was a healthy portion, came with dried cranberries, toasted slivered almonds and a yummy vinaigrette dressing.  Definitely a more hearty salad than I was expecting.   

Things to note: (i) They take credit cards.  (ii) For what you get, the prices are decent.  My lunch came to $11.50, tax in.  More than I normally like to spend for lunch, but, considering that I got a decent-sized crab cake, I thought it was reasonable.  (iii) The portions were good, but if you're starving you may need a bit more than what I got.  I was very hungry and I had to add a little something extra in order to completely fill up.

Enjoy!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment