Saturday 15 September 2012

Trattoria

Today a handsome man friend and myself were on the hunt for a place to fill our bellies for dinner.  It didn't take us long to decide on Trattoria.  If you're feeling like Italian, you just can't go wrong with this restaurant.  Yummy food, fun and lively atmosphere, and delicious house wine.

To start, we split the Crispy Fried Calamari with spicy sicilian tomato sauce.  The calamari was cut into strips instead of rounds...very yummy and a lot more meaty.  We were so busy enjoying this dish that I forgot to take a photo!

As for mains, I opted for the Spaghetti and Wagyu Meatballs in spicy tomato basil sauce with herbed ricotta.  I know this probably sounds like a safe bet, but it's one of my favourite dishes on the menu.  It's such a treat to get meatballs.  I'll make spaghetti and meat sauce for myself every once in a while at home, but never meatballs and definitely not Wagyu meatballs.  Add in the delicious sauce and cool it off with some heavenly ricotta...perfection!  Not to mention that even I have a hard time finishing this dish and normally end up with lunch for the next day as well.

My man friend opted for the Squash Stuffed Ravioli in gorgonzola cream.  It was very good as well.  Not quite what I was in the mood for that night, but he was and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

We didn't have room for dessert tonight, but it almost broke my heart to not give some of their chocolate stuffed fritters a home in my belly.  There's always a next time, though.

Information to note: if you do end up taking food home, you get a handy dandy Glowbal bag that is the perfect size for a lunch bag!




http://www.glowbalgroup.com/trattoria/

No comments:

Post a Comment