Monday 24 September 2012

Tacofino

Today I had a great lunch with a dear friend from high school and her 1 month old son (handsomest little guy ever!) who just happened to be in town.  As our summer weather has still been holding on, we decided to hit up a food cart.  At first we were going to try one that I hadn't tried, but on our way I saw the Tacofino orange truck.  How could I not take my friend to Tacofino?  Plus, I'd never been to the orange truck at the Art Gallery location, so technically it was something new for me too.

We both ordered two fish tacos and concluded that they remain the best fish tacos either of us have ever tasted!  Plus, the 2 fish tacos for $9 thoroughly filled me up.  Very yummy and refreshing.  Not heavy at all.  I was also pleasantly surprised that we only had to wait about three minutes for our food.  Granted, we were the first ones in line at 11:40, but still.

For dessert, I gave the chocolate diablo cookie another shot and it was much better!  It was more of a regular cookie size, hard on the outside and soft on the inside...not cookie doughish.  Plus, the chilies and ginger weren't so powerful that they burned.  As always, the caramel chunks on top were to die for.  I'd definitely recommend it now!  And my friend thoroughly seconded my recommendation.

Pieces of advice: (1) Cash only, (2) HST included, and (3) they have forks that you can ask for to scoop up all of the yummy salsa that inevitably doesn't make it into your mouth. 





http://tacofino.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment