Saturday 29 September 2012

Murchie's

I had arranged to meet up for Friday after work drinks with one of my favourite ladies in Vancouver but, due to various appointments and commitments, we decided to opt for a non-alcoholic beverage.  I had pictured us in some typical restaurant ordering a non-alcoholic beverage and having to deal with the "I can't believe you're taking up a full table and not spending more money" eyes that our server would shoot at us for the next 45 minutes.  Needless to say, I was thrilled when my friend suggested grabbing a tea at Murchie's.

To be quite honest, I had no idea that Murchie's had a cafe where you could order and enjoy your tea.  Being a non-coffee drinker it was a real treat.  I thoroughly enjoy all of the fancy-shmancy coffee shops around town but you always feel a bit like an outcast when you follow an order of "a tall, non-fat, extra-whip, skinny, caramel, extra hot macchiato" with "I'll have a mint tea, please."  So, it was absolutely lovely to go into a shop that specializes in tea and has a plethera of choices.  Not to mention that the cafe makes you feel like you're a gazillion miles away from the hub bub of the city.

I opted for a raspberry chai-tea latte, unsweetened.  In hindsight, I probably should have had it sweetened or resisted the latte excitement and gone with my gut and just had a regular pot of tea.  The tea flavour was lovely but something just didn't seem 100% right about it as a latte.  Regardless, it was still a lovely experience and I can't wait to go back!



No comments:

Post a Comment