Tuesday 4 September 2012

Mom's Grilled Cheese

Lunch was all around spectacular today.  Not only did I find out that my friend is pregnant (wahoo!!) but I got to try out the Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck for the first time.

Since I had never tried this truck before, I opted for a Mom's Classic sandwich with sourdough bread, cheddar cheese, tomato, sliced pickle, and a cup of roasted tomato soup.  Scrumptious!  The grilled cheese sandwiches are to die for, taste like a grilled cheese sandwich right off your Mom's stove and are very filling.  As for the tomato soup, it is home-made goodness and lots of it.  One of the best tomato soups I've ever tasted!  Plus, they give it to you in a grande/venti coffee cup to go.  How awesome is that?

Information to note: The sandwich comes with chips and a pickle wedge.  So, you don't have to order pickle to get a pickle.  If you order pickle, it's sliced up and put in your sandwich.  Also, the sandwich is a substantial size so is plenty enough for lunch.  I found the sandwich and soup combo a bit too much for lunch, and by now I'm sure you know that it's hard for me to find a portion that I think is too big!  All in all, I think it's a good bang for your buck.  A classic sandwich would be more than enough for lunch, and only cost $6.75 without any additions (tomato, pickle).  I also found the soup price of $4 to be decent.  Standard pricing for any other deli, but I thought it was higher quality and a bigger size.

I highly recommend checking out this food truck.  Especially if you're in the mood for some comfort food.





http://momsgrilledcheesetruck.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment