Saturday 22 September 2012

Cafe Zen

I had late lunch plans today and we were initially going to try out a new food cart.  However, as I started perusing the twitter feeds to figure out which food carts were where, my belly started chanting: eggs benny, eggs benny, eggs benny.  If you can deny your tummy eggs benny for a late brunch, you are a much stronger person than I am.

As my order was set in stone, there was no other option but to head to Cafe Zen.  For those of you who have not been to Cafe Zen, you should make it a priority.  The restaurant itself is nothing special, and if you go at peak brunch times you'll have to wait in line, but it's definitely worth it.  The staff is friendly, the food is always super quick and amazingly flavourful, AND they allow you to pick two different types of Benny for no additional charge!!!

My order of choice today?  A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice (such a treat) and eggs benny (of course) with one egg Flo-Benedict-Greek (ham, spinach and feta cheese...my staple) and one egg Benji-Mushroom (bacon and mushroom).  I had never tried the Benji-Mushroom before but boy was it worthwhile!  The one downside to ordering eggs benny is that you normally don't get bacon.  But there was a whole lot of bacon in my Benji-Mushroom!  It was a lovely surprise.  My favourite part of the meal?  The end, when you get to sop up all of the leftover hollandaise sauce with their perfectly cooked hashbrowns.  Yum!

Apologies, for the lack of photos.  I was so engrossed in eating that I forgot to take some.  I guess I'll just have to go back!

http://cafezenonyew.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment