Friday 20 July 2012

Fable

Tonight was a night that I was salivating over for weeks!  I'd been dying to try Fable and it definitely didn't disappoint.  Fable is officially included in my absolute favourite restaurants in Vancouver.  The food was delicious, the atmosphere was awesome (a cross between Gastown and Kits), and the prices were reasonable.  A restaurant that made you feel like it was a treat to go to, but you also felt comfortable and at home in and it didn't come close to breaking the bank.

I went with three good friends who are also food lovers, so we decided to share everything we ordered so we could try as much as possible.  For starters we had the Chickpea Fritters (unique and mouth-watering all at once) and the Spaghetti and Meatballs (good, but it didn't live up to the hype for me). 

For mains, I ordered the Slow Cooked Local Salmon with gnocchi, kale, leeks and spinach puree.  My friends ordered the Potato Crusted Chicken with Ratatouille; the Gnocchi with pesto, pea shoots and macerated cherry tomatoes; and the Duck Breast with scallion perogie, fiddle heads and cauliflower.  My personal favourite was the salmon.  It was cooked to perfection and the flavours were heavenly.  The remaining dishes were also very yummy (especially the gnocchi), so it was probably more that I was in a fish mood that night.  What surprised me was that I liked the Duck.  I'm not normally a duck fan, but I quite enjoyed it.  I can't wait to go back and try the Flat Iron Steak!

For dessert we ordered the Lemon Pot de Creme, Chocolate Pudding, and Daily Sweet Bites that had home-made marshmallows, mini pavlovas, and camerons.  All were heavenly!  I thoroughly enjoyed the Daily Sweet Bites and Lemon Pot de Creme.  The Chocolate Pudding was good, but I'm not generally a big chocolate pudding fan.

I wish I had pictures to convey the yumminess, but I was just too busy eating!  I highly recommend this restaurant...and getting a reservation, because it gets busy.

http://fablekitchen.ca/

I just found a picture that one of my friends took of the Daily Sweet Bites that night.  It makes my mouth water just looking at it!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment